Thursday, May 2, 2013

April PA visit and Disney

On Sunday, we returned home from a week and a half of traveling.  We flew to Erie first to visit my parents and grandparents and when we returned back to FL, we drove down to Disney for the weekend.  It was busy but very fun!  Ashlan did absolutely great while traveling.  All flights went about as wonderful as they could go, and she didn’t even use the DVD player at all!  We are very pleased with the little traveler she’s turning into. 

So we were on the plane and there was some major turbulence.  Ashlan turned to me and told me she was scared.  I was trying to think of how to make her feel better, and because of all our trips to Disney I said, "It's ok, honey.  Just think of it as a ride…a plane ride."  However, Ashlan immediately responds, "Well, I want to get off!"  Lol.  Luckily, the turbulence was short.

So a week or so ago, my mom, dad, Ashlan, and I were sitting at my parents kitchen table.  Dan was in the other room and then came into the kitchen where the rest of us were hanging out.  My mom says, "Oh, hi Dan" and Ashlan immediately says, "Hi Dan.  Oh, look mommy, it's Dan."  We were all laughing so hard.

Dan and I had a date night while we were up there and Nana and Papa watched her.  As we were leaving, Ashlan comes over to me and says, "Mommy, you have fun with Daddy."  So cute.  And then the next morning when she saw me for the first time, she said, "I wuv you, Mommy", and grabbed my face and kissed me on the lips when I bent down to give her a hug.  I love moments like that. 

Ashlan likes her privacy in the bathroom, lol.  She always says, "Mommy leave" after she gets on the toilet.  We stand outside the door until she tells us she's finished.  Every once and awhile, she's in there for a bit and we ask her if she's ok.  So this time, Dan asked her if she was ok and she said yes.  A few minutes later, he asked her one more time and she said yes again.  I opened the pantry doors a few seconds later (which are on the opposite side of the bathroom) and Ashlan must have thought we were opening the bathroom door again because she screamed, "I'M STILL POOPING!!"  Lol, she’s too funny.

We all had a great time at Disney again.  Ashlan got to see Minnie, Pluto, the Chipmunks, plus Mickey, Daisy and Donald again.  Before, we had to ask her if she wanted to go see them.  Now, she sees them and runs up to them, lol.  She was very interested in seeing Minnie.  Almost every time we see characters, it’s just a fluke.  We don’t seek them out, we just happen to pass through an area where they’re at.  If the line is short, we ask if she wants to see them and most of the time she says yes.  So this time, we were taking a shortcut through a building and happen to see Minnie, Pluto, and Mickey standing there.  Mickey was in line first to be seen, but Ashlan kept looking towards Minnie’s direction because she really wanted to see her.  We take pictures with Mickey and then Pluto, and you could tell Ashlan was really getting antsy to see Minnie because she turned to Pluto and says, “I really want to see Minnie”.  Lol.  Poor Pluto, haha.

She is definitely turning into a groupie with one band that we see regularly at Disney.  We go to Epcot most nights we’re there to see bands and because the fireworks show is awesome over the lake and it’s MUCH less busy than Magic Kingdom.  So this one band that is a cover band for British music is called British Revolution.  It’s nice because Ashlan can run with the other kids in the bush maze that is in front of the stage, and it’s great for us because we can watch the band and not have to entertain her at the same time.  So, we did that on Friday night.  On Saturday, we got to Epcot a little earlier and wanted to catch the Mariachi band before the other bands.  Ashlan sat still for a bit but you could tell she wasn’t into it.  Then she looks at me and says, “I don’t want to watch this band- I want to watch the other band”.  Lol.  So apparently that’s not the music she likes.  We did go to Mo’Rockin again (a Moroccan band and belly dancer), and Ashlan really likes trying to dance with the dancer and other little kids…and we like to watch her, lol.

Anyway, onto the pictures…



"Ashlan's room" at my parents house.  Pretty awesome for a two year old!

At the Erie zoo.

Playing with cousin Rose.

Check out the height different still.

Aww, hugs!


Hanging out with Aunt Sarah.

Ashlan immediately wanted up when Rose crawled up next to me, lol.

"Oh, you can sit in there?"

"Don't mind if I do..."

More hugs!

Too cute.

Painting with Nana.

Now putting a foam frog together.

All smiles.

Looking at the frogs in Nana's pond.

With Donald and Daisy.

With Mickey.

Waiting for Minnie.

Seeing Pluto.


And finally Minnie!

She loved her!

Banging on the drums.

Running through the bush maze while British Revolution plays.

She found a little friend...always does!

Clapping when the band asked, lol.

She's a groupie!!

Mo'Rockin.

Trying to dance with the belly dancer.

Clapping with Daddy.

Going to see the band again...what a surprise.  They're starting to recognize her, lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment