Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July and happy 3 months Aila!


Everything is going really great here!  Aila turned 3 months on July 4th and has changed so much in a few weeks.  She is more alert now and we have much more awake time then before.  She is about 14 lbs, whereas Ashlan was only approximately 13 lbs at this point.  However, she doesn't look as chubby as Ashlan did then, so maybe she's longer?  She's in 6 month clothing already and has been for a few weeks, just bc she is so long...following in Ashlan's footsteps there.  She is rolling over somewhat consistently (a few times a week), but she has really been doing that since 11 days old, no joke.  She's so strong!  She loves to "stand", and since she has great head control, I've been putting her in the exersaucer for like 10 min at a time.  I put a towel behind her so she can't throw herself back, but she is doing great with bearing weight on her feet, and I am right there if she gets tired.  

When Aila does tummy time, Ashlan will come over and "read" to her or play with her and talk to her.  I will put her in her bouncey chair, and Ashlan will come over and talk to her, and hold her hand.  It's so cute. I love how she loves her sister and hope this always continues!  I know they'll fight (what siblings don't?) but you can just tell how much she loves her, and Aila smiles so big for her as well. 

I go to the gym approximately 4x a week, but with Dan's schedule, Aila only goes 1-2x a week and he stays home with her while Ashlan goes with me and plays with her friends.  Sometimes she's awesome and falls asleep pretty soon after I get there, and sometimes I have to go in and calm her down.  She is so good though, I can't complain at all!  We are so very lucky we have her (and Ashlan)!  She has started sleeping seven hours uninterrupted at night.  I know as soon as you get used to how they are, they change, but we're enjoying the sleep for now.  :)

So Dan no longer works for Publix.  After five years there, he's decided to take a job with CVS.  There are pros and cons to both jobs but we felt the pros outweighed the cons at CVS.  The biggest difference is that the hours at Publix are 9am-9pm, while the hours at CVS are 8am-10pm.  However, he works less days (only 14 days a month!) the pay is much higher, and the insurance and 401k match is much better.  It's a little farther away but not much, like 5-10 min more than where he is now.  He starts on July 8th.  


My two angels <3











I left the room, and when I came back, Ashlan was "reading" to Aila.  <3





Hugs from my girls!

Pool time-Aila's first swim!













Both girls at 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment