Friday, January 31, 2014

Never a dull moment

Grammy and Grandpa were here last week so we enjoyed time with them.  Nana and Papa are coming this weekend and then we're going to Disney with them for a few days so that should be a good time as well.  

Dan had painted the baby's room and I had an appointment while my parents entertained Ashlan one day a few weeks ago.  While Grammy and Grandpa were here, I edged while they entertained Ashlan at a park and flew a kite.  Dan and I also put together the baby's new dresser and I just got done sorting Ashlan's old baby clothes and put them away for the new baby.  I have ordered the rest of the cloth diapers and also the infant car seat, so we're just waiting for those items to come in and we're pretty set.  I'm so glad too because I was starting to get really anxious, lol.  I still have a huge "to-do" list to work on but at least we have a few weeks to do it.  :)

I am 31 weeks pregnant on Saturday and I have gained around 34 pounds so far.  My doctor is not worried in the slightest but I'm kind of bummed because I seem to be on the same track for the 45 pound weight gain that I had with Ashlan.  I know I will lose it, because I lost it all last time plus 5, but it's frustrating that I couldn't keep it down to 30 lbs this time.  I still work out pretty religiously about 4 times a week but I obviously had to stop doing most weightlifting activities.  I am definitely anxious to get back in the gym to start weightlifting again when the doctor clears it because I really miss it!

Dan is pretty much the same, unfortunately.  He saw his general practitioner doctor the other week who suggested he swallow a camera to see if there were any major kinks in his intestines that would need to be addressed.  He will see his G.I. doctor in a week and a half so hopefully he can bring this up to him, considering he's still not any better even though he's been following the recommended diet and has since his hospital stay.  We will see what happens.

I'm hesitant to post this because this really gives me the horrible mother of the year award but if it can save another parent a scary moment, so be it.  Ashlan got her hair caught in the shredder yesterday.  :(  She was helping me shred paper as she has done millions of times before and is normally so far away from the machine (well, her head that is, lol).  She told me like 10 sec before it happened that the shredder was hot and smelled.  I was right next to her and was separating paper when she bent over (I'm assuming to smell it), and her long hair got sucked in.  Thank God the shredder stopped immediately but her head was as close to it as could be and I had to cut her hair.  Luckily, she has a few pieces of her bangs left that can be swept to the side to cover most of the short hair, but we will be accessorizing a lot in the next few weeks.  I'm just glad she is ok and this is a lesson I never want to repeat.

Our little princess.  She insisted on going out to dinner with this dress on.  :)

So sweet. She wanted to kiss my belly.  <3

30 weeks pregnant here.

My little crafter.

This is baby girl #2's room.  Looks very similar to Ashlan's old room but it really needed the fresh paint.

Ignore all the bags on the changing table.  That is my diaper stash, and it's not even finished yet!  :)

My poor baby girl.  :(



It was stuck in there really, really good.

This was yesterday.  She asked me to bake cookies.  How could I refuse?

While I was sorting clothes in the baby's room, this is what Ashlan was doing pretty much the whole time.  Always wants to be with me, especially in the baby's room.  :)  I hope she will be a big help.

Silly girl.  <3

These are Ashlan's snakes.  They've been there for three or four days.  You'd think I'd just move them, but no, I'll just scare the bejesus out of me when I get up to use the restroom at three o'clock in the morning!

Poor girl.  :(

The comb over is working well for her, lol.

Spiky hair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment